Monday, March 31, 2008

Food

I miss Japanese food a lot. Honestly, I don’t think I will miss American foods when the day comes that I have to leave America.  This time, I would like to tell how to cook my favorite beakfast that I have had since I was a kid. Every morning my mom used to make a good breakfast for 3 kids in my family. First, set to be ready to boil the rice in a rice-cooker before you go to bed and you can start to cook soon, because it takes about an hour including washing the rice. Usually, our family and people in Japan eat fish a lot. I used to eat fish at breakfast. My favorite fish that I used to eat were Saba-mackerel and Shake-salmon. Add a salt to the fish and grill it. While you are waiting for the fish, make a Japanese Miso Soup. Miso is soybean paste.  Usually, I put soft seaweed, tofu, and mushroom-hackberry in Miso Soup. In my culture, rice is needed at home for every meal every day. Rice, Miso Soup that I explained, fish and Japanese food are very healthy and have nutrition. I want to show Japanese foods to my American friends here and I want them to know how delicious, good, and healthy Japanese food is for people.

No comments: